Photo via: indiapiedaterre.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- View All Pages Prev1 of 8Next If you are planning a bathroom makeover using black and white floor tile, this list will give you some inspiration and provides the sources for the tiles. Of all of the new elements that I put in my master bathroom makeover, there are 2 things that I have had all kinds of questions and comments about. The first is the zebra stencil on the walls (I will be doing a post on how to do that). The second is the black and white floor tile. While I loved the floor tiles the second I saw them, I didn’t realize everyone else would love them as much as I do! Although I probably shouldn’t be surprised since black and white is a very classic color combination that goes with pretty much every style. When I was going through the process of picking the tiles, I actually saw quite a few different patterns that I liked before I settled on the one I chose. With all of the interest, I thought I would share some of those other inspiration pictures (and tile options) that I looked at. Keep reading to see the stunning ways that black and white floor tile was used in these beautiful bathrooms. Prev1 of 8Next Have comments or questions on these bathrooms with black and white floor tile? Tell us in the section below. View All Pages You Might Also Like
- It’s here! It is the big reveal day for my little girl’s modern farmhouse bedroom and I’m super excited to show you how it turned out! After 6 weeks of preparation, planning, dreaming, shopping, and lots of DIY projects – her bedroom is finished. I’m loving how everything came together, and she’s pretty smitten with it too! When she first walked in she genuinely said “Wow, I love it! It’s soo beautiful. Thanks Mommy!” Um .. heart melted 🙂 Participating in the One Room Challenge with Calling It Home this spring has been so fun. I’ll definitely be joining in again in the near future! If you can remember back to week 1, I was pretty much starting with a blank slate. There wasn’t much in her room to get excited about and it had tons of potential (you know, the nice way of saying that it reallly needed some improvement) 😉 The lack of color, texture, and interest really led me to dream big and have a fun time planning out the space. And the 6 week deadline meant that I couldn’t procrastinate on this project – which I may or may not be known to do. Accountability can …
- If you follow me on Instagram, you’re no stranger to my snaps of our home decor. Many of you have asked where a lot of our vintage finds were purchased, but the truth is that the majority of the decor in our home was not purchased at a store. In our pre-children days, my husband and I spent every weekend browsing estate, tag, and garage sales for many of the pieces you’ve seen in my photos. This makes each item extra special to me because there’s usually a story about our “junking” adventure behind it. We’ve learned some tips on how to shop an estate sale along the way, so I thought I would share my knowledge with you today on how to scope out the best vintage items for your humble abode! Do your research. My husband and I would start searching tag sale listings on Craigslist earlier in the …
- Reclaimed wood wall art, Chevron Diamond design, twin headboard or can be used as wood wall decor or made into a tabletop. Made from reclaimed wood lath from a church made in 1830 and from another old building. On sale, this twin headboard or wall art is ready to ship. This listing is for this size only, approx. 41 by 17 by 1.5 inches. It comes ready to hang vertically or horizontally on a small nail or two in the wall. Will arrive ready to hang on the wall. We also offer the Full, Queen and King size headboards. Convo us for dimensions and price. This rustic twin headboard is made of all natural lath that has aged through the years and has changed color to many different hues of brown due to oxidation. The lighter colored lath is also natural but when the plaster was applied years ago the lath absorbed some of the plaster giving it this lighter color. None of the laths have been painted. It is an original design of mine and each is unique due to texture, color and grain in the laths are all different, also the old nail holes are not in the same place. Please go to the drop down menu to choose if you would like the finish to be natural as is, or have a clear matte finish applied. We do customize. It is designed and handmade by me, Michael Hutton. It is signed by me and dated. This one is ready to ship. The evening that it ships I will send the customer the tracking number and the date of arrival. It will ship usps or Fedex 3-5 business days after purchase. Thank you for visiting my shop at Past Reclaimed for your rustic mosaic reclaimed wood wall art and headboards. https://PastReclaimed.etsy.com
- Made from a beautiful antique/vintage hand-woven hemp grain sack from Europe, the textile dates from the early 1900s. It would be a great holiday accent pillow or simply fit well into your farmhouse or rustic decor. MATERIAL AND COLOR: Heavy hemp fabric, heringbone pattern handwoven. Black stripes. The fabrics tone is a straw colour, rustic texture. CONDITION: Vintage good condition, no hole or tear, never repaired. Due to the vintage nature of these linens, there are some very minor imperfections, spots from age and faded discoloration in the fabric. These are considered part of their charm. Zipper closure. Please note that my pillow shams are made of grain sack on both sides as opposed to the front only. The fabric on the back has no stripes. Size: max. 37.5 x 17 (95cm x 42cm) in the pictures 1-4. The rest of the dimensions will fit the usual inserts as seen in picture 5. NOTE: If you need a different size, please contact me with your request. Insert not included. ***If you want us to make a custom pillow insert, please purchase from here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/217553360/add-a-custom-insert-to-your-throw-pillow ***If you want to add the small pillow cover from images, please purchase from here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/268848178/authentic-grain-sack-pillow-cover?ref=shop_home_active_1 More pillow covers from antique authentic grain sack fabric: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Medreana?section_id=14363513&ref=shopsection_leftnav_6 HISTORY OF THE EUROPEAN GRAIN SACKS: These grain sacks were originally produced about 100 years ago on European farms, to bring grain to the mill. Each sack was hand woven from hemp with a distinctive pattern of strips showing which farm it belonged to, sometimes with a hand stitched monogram. The reason for the unique family farm markings were because the farmers wanted to be able to identify their own sacks when transporting sugar, flour and grain to the market. And when the grain came back from the mill, the unique markings ensured the sacks were returned to their rightful owner. These textiles are, by nature, extremely Eco-friendly! The average age of these textiles is 100 years and they were naturally home grown, home retted (in local lakes and ponds) and woven by hand. These textiles are being re-cycled today and showing off the extreme craftsmanship of past generations! Yet another feature that makes these textiles extremely eco-friendly is their durability. These textiles were designed to endure generations of constant use and will have an extremely long life. The timeless beauty of this linen and their extraordinary quality make these textiles the perfect choice for any home and an environmentally friendly choice. Grain sack adds a bit of history and authentic vintage charm to whatever it touches! These textiles are machine washable, tumble dry! For more great ideas you can visit me on Pinterest by using the link below: http://pinterest.com/medreana/grain-sacks-home-decor/ __________________________________________________________ If you require any further information feel free to contact us. Worldwide shipping options available . Dont see your county listed ? Ask for a quote! _________________________________________________________________ Thanks so much for stopping by our store and we hope to see you again soon
- Oh my goodness, this post was written for me, haha. I want to decorate my house but it feels way to overwhelming. (If you saw it, youd agree.) But after reading this post, I found a few ideas I could implement right away. Im actually kind of excited . . . who knows, maybe Ill be the next home decor celebrity. Okay, that might be stretching it, but still!
- Ive always wanted a real hammock in my living room but if you dont have a lot of space or are in a rental like me, this DIY macrame hammock chair looks just as great and is perfect for lounging. It would also be perfect for using on your deck or balcony for some cozy patio furniture.
- July Sale! 20% off our Buenos Aires design. Please use coupon code Storage20 at checkout. We made this platform bed to utilize the space under the bed in a functioning, easy to access storage space. The foot of the bed is a solid piece of wood, while both sides are lined with 3 spacious drawers per side. The bed is made from knotty pine and stained Classic Gray. The Rustic Wood Headboard is sold separately. Customize your own by picking any of the Minwax Wood Finish stains! http://www.minwax.com/wood-products/stains/minwax-wood-finishColors The sample colors shown on Minwax.com are digital representations and will not necessarily be an exact match to our finished product. Please use this site for ideas and convo me to discuss colors. I am happy to send stain samples after purchase. We are not responsible for the final finished color, if no conversation has been made. Minor assembly required. Our Platform Beds and Headboards are built for standard bed/mattress measurements. Sizes are as follows: Twin-39 inches wide by 75 inches long Full-54 inches wide by 75 inches long Queen-60 inches wide by 80 inches long California King-72 inches wide by 85 inches long King-76 inches wide by 80 inches long *Our pieces are made with real wood! Please allow for slight variations from product photos due to original wood color and characteristics. No two pieces are exactly the same! Stain variations are a natural part of real wood furniture. Natural wood comes in various colors, which affect the final stain color. Each piece may have some stain color variations within the different pieces of wood. These variations are a natural and normal part of these beautiful one of a kind pieces! Bed Shipments-Our beds are shipped via Freight shipping and delivered to your door if you are in a single family home or curbside if you are in an apartment building and require a signature. Our delivery companies are not responsible for bringing your product inside, or assembly. If you would like this service, we may be able to arrange it for an EXTRA fee.
- DIY 30 Minute Artwork Canvas. Such a great way to get custom art in your home. Love the tranquil blues, grays and greens in this water art. Cant believe this was created with cheap acrylic craft paint!
- 15. If you have a small room, you should definitely try storing as much as you can under the bed. Make it more organized by getting a shelf unit like this one.
- Youve got boxes full of quaint, unique, and beautiful items. You would love to display them, but youre not sure how to incorporate them into your decor. Fortunately, theres a word for that decor style — eclectic. Embrace it! Take your cues from artists galleries and museums, and create clusters of interesting objects throughout your home. Turn an ashtray into a holder for antique rings; use an old milk crate to stash records. Keep reading for the eBay scoop on decorating with curiosities.
- A while ago, a friend of mine called me to ask if I had any need for a bunch of cedar fence pickets that had been cut to about 2′ in length. Her husband had gotten them for a project, but never got around to completing it. She was cleaning out her garage and wanted …