Photo via: huntandhost.net
You may also be interested in 🙂
- I love to garage sale. I’m not out there every single Saturday, but when I do venture out, I’m always on the hunt for unique pieces for our home. This past June, I found just that. Not only did I find something unique. I found something that needed a bit of a clean up that included spray paint. And boy, did I learn a lot. Sure, I’ve spray painted picture frames and other small decorative items, but it’s a whole different story when you attempt to spray paint a large furniture piece. Let’s just say, I messed up. But then …
- Transform a boring old desk with FAT artisan chalk paint and some reclaimed wood to make this rustic wood topped desk!
- The Beginners Guide to Using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint & Wax: One Beginners Tips to Another! | I let my intimidation over using Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint by Annie Sloan keep me from exploring the medium for way too long. Now that I have finally given it a whirl, Im eager to empower other beginners to give it a go. Its SO much easier than you think it is! Especially with this step by step run-down.
- If you follow me on Instagram, you’re no stranger to my snaps of our home decor. Many of you have asked where a lot of our vintage finds were purchased, but the truth is that the majority of the decor in our home was not purchased at a store. In our pre-children days, my husband and I spent every weekend browsing estate, tag, and garage sales for many of the pieces you’ve seen in my photos. This makes each item extra special to me because there’s usually a story about our “junking” adventure behind it. We’ve learned some tips on how to shop an estate sale along the way, so I thought I would share my knowledge with you today on how to scope out the best vintage items for your humble abode! Do your research. My husband and I would start searching tag sale listings on Craigslist earlier in the …
- This backyard fort uses corrugated sheet metal for a roof and rot-resistant 4-by-4-foot white redwood fencing topped off with a few coats of Thompson’s Water Sealer.
- Congrats! You just found The Best Banana Cake Recipe ever! This simple banana cake recipe is soft, fluffy, moist, and rich and is made even better by being topped with this easy caramel icing recipe. If you have ripe bananas and are in search of banana recipes to use them in, you must try this moist banana cake recipe. This dessert is guaranteed to knock the socks off your family and friends.
- Crackling Coffee Bean Soy Candles
- Made from a beautiful antique/vintage hand-woven hemp grain sack from Europe, the textile dates from the early 1900s. It would be a great holiday accent pillow or simply fit well into your farmhouse or rustic decor. MATERIAL AND COLOR: Heavy hemp fabric, heringbone pattern handwoven. Black stripes. The fabrics tone is a straw colour, rustic texture. CONDITION: Vintage good condition, no hole or tear, never repaired. Due to the vintage nature of these linens, there are some very minor imperfections, spots from age and faded discoloration in the fabric. These are considered part of their charm. Zipper closure. Please note that my pillow shams are made of grain sack on both sides as opposed to the front only. The fabric on the back has no stripes. Size: max. 37.5 x 17 (95cm x 42cm) in the pictures 1-4. The rest of the dimensions will fit the usual inserts as seen in picture 5. NOTE: If you need a different size, please contact me with your request. Insert not included. ***If you want us to make a custom pillow insert, please purchase from here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/217553360/add-a-custom-insert-to-your-throw-pillow ***If you want to add the small pillow cover from images, please purchase from here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/268848178/authentic-grain-sack-pillow-cover?ref=shop_home_active_1 More pillow covers from antique authentic grain sack fabric: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Medreana?section_id=14363513&ref=shopsection_leftnav_6 HISTORY OF THE EUROPEAN GRAIN SACKS: These grain sacks were originally produced about 100 years ago on European farms, to bring grain to the mill. Each sack was hand woven from hemp with a distinctive pattern of strips showing which farm it belonged to, sometimes with a hand stitched monogram. The reason for the unique family farm markings were because the farmers wanted to be able to identify their own sacks when transporting sugar, flour and grain to the market. And when the grain came back from the mill, the unique markings ensured the sacks were returned to their rightful owner. These textiles are, by nature, extremely Eco-friendly! The average age of these textiles is 100 years and they were naturally home grown, home retted (in local lakes and ponds) and woven by hand. These textiles are being re-cycled today and showing off the extreme craftsmanship of past generations! Yet another feature that makes these textiles extremely eco-friendly is their durability. These textiles were designed to endure generations of constant use and will have an extremely long life. The timeless beauty of this linen and their extraordinary quality make these textiles the perfect choice for any home and an environmentally friendly choice. Grain sack adds a bit of history and authentic vintage charm to whatever it touches! These textiles are machine washable, tumble dry! For more great ideas you can visit me on Pinterest by using the link below: http://pinterest.com/medreana/grain-sacks-home-decor/ __________________________________________________________ If you require any further information feel free to contact us. Worldwide shipping options available . Dont see your county listed ? Ask for a quote! _________________________________________________________________ Thanks so much for stopping by our store and we hope to see you again soon
- Cute DIY chalkboard topped coffee table. Great idea for an outdoor living space (kids would love this or a nice way to greet guests). @meetuatthepicketfence
- There are a few things to know about how to use furniture wax as a clear coat on your painted piece. Whether you are painting with chalk paint or latex paint, there are a few things to know about using furniture wax. View the slideshow below to read more:
- Beachy decorating – need to find a trifle bowl at a garage sale this summer.
- The Best Yard Sale Tips | Yard Sale Ideas | Best Yard Sale Signs | Yard Sale Pricing | Garage Sale Tips | Garage Sale Ideas