Photo via: blog.mychildhoodtreasures.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- How to make pillow covers – Wow, even a non-sewer like me can make pillow covers…so easy!
- How to upholster a chair cushion and achieve perfect corners – with no wrinkling or bunching!
- DIY switch plate covers wrapped in scrapbook paper could really make a big impact with very little effort or expense
- Made from a beautiful antique/vintage hand-woven hemp grain sack from Europe, the textile dates from the early 1900s. It would be a great holiday accent pillow or simply fit well into your farmhouse or rustic decor. MATERIAL AND COLOR: Heavy hemp fabric, heringbone pattern handwoven. Black stripes. The fabrics tone is a straw colour, rustic texture. CONDITION: Vintage good condition, no hole or tear, never repaired. Due to the vintage nature of these linens, there are some very minor imperfections, spots from age and faded discoloration in the fabric. These are considered part of their charm. Zipper closure. Please note that my pillow shams are made of grain sack on both sides as opposed to the front only. The fabric on the back has no stripes. Size: max. 37.5 x 17 (95cm x 42cm) in the pictures 1-4. The rest of the dimensions will fit the usual inserts as seen in picture 5. NOTE: If you need a different size, please contact me with your request. Insert not included. ***If you want us to make a custom pillow insert, please purchase from here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/217553360/add-a-custom-insert-to-your-throw-pillow ***If you want to add the small pillow cover from images, please purchase from here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/268848178/authentic-grain-sack-pillow-cover?ref=shop_home_active_1 More pillow covers from antique authentic grain sack fabric: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Medreana?section_id=14363513&ref=shopsection_leftnav_6 HISTORY OF THE EUROPEAN GRAIN SACKS: These grain sacks were originally produced about 100 years ago on European farms, to bring grain to the mill. Each sack was hand woven from hemp with a distinctive pattern of strips showing which farm it belonged to, sometimes with a hand stitched monogram. The reason for the unique family farm markings were because the farmers wanted to be able to identify their own sacks when transporting sugar, flour and grain to the market. And when the grain came back from the mill, the unique markings ensured the sacks were returned to their rightful owner. These textiles are, by nature, extremely Eco-friendly! The average age of these textiles is 100 years and they were naturally home grown, home retted (in local lakes and ponds) and woven by hand. These textiles are being re-cycled today and showing off the extreme craftsmanship of past generations! Yet another feature that makes these textiles extremely eco-friendly is their durability. These textiles were designed to endure generations of constant use and will have an extremely long life. The timeless beauty of this linen and their extraordinary quality make these textiles the perfect choice for any home and an environmentally friendly choice. Grain sack adds a bit of history and authentic vintage charm to whatever it touches! These textiles are machine washable, tumble dry! For more great ideas you can visit me on Pinterest by using the link below: http://pinterest.com/medreana/grain-sacks-home-decor/ __________________________________________________________ If you require any further information feel free to contact us. Worldwide shipping options available . Dont see your county listed ? Ask for a quote! _________________________________________________________________ Thanks so much for stopping by our store and we hope to see you again soon
- DIY Upholstered Banquette Seat… need to re-do my bench cushion in the foyer
- http://tinyurl.com/8msfmj3 This software allows you to design unlimited cool , exciting , funky , unique , and tailored Facebook timeline covers and themes f…
- 10 Ideas to Make Your Home Fall Cozy
- I gave our bed a little refresh over the winter because, well, winter. Now that weve lived with everything for a few months and LOVE it all, Im spilling the details on that blog I write. My fave sources for practical things ( like mattress covers ) to splurges ( like linen sheets ) are included. Happy Friday!
- Good tutorial for sewing a bench cushion.
- Oh Joy for Target pillow and seat cushion on one!
- Fiesta Skull pillow cushion case by Lttle Shop Of Horrors. GOTHIC, DAY OF THE DEAD, MUERTOS, SUGAR SKULL
- DIY Tufted French Mattress Cushion-Sewing Cushion – An Oregon Cottage