Photo via: nourishandnestle.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Made from a beautiful antique/vintage hand-woven hemp grain sack from Europe, the textile dates from the early 1900s. It would be a great holiday accent pillow or simply fit well into your farmhouse or rustic decor. MATERIAL AND COLOR: Heavy hemp fabric, heringbone pattern handwoven. Black stripes. The fabrics tone is a straw colour, rustic texture. CONDITION: Vintage good condition, no hole or tear, never repaired. Due to the vintage nature of these linens, there are some very minor imperfections, spots from age and faded discoloration in the fabric. These are considered part of their charm. Zipper closure. Please note that my pillow shams are made of grain sack on both sides as opposed to the front only. The fabric on the back has no stripes. Size: max. 37.5 x 17 (95cm x 42cm) in the pictures 1-4. The rest of the dimensions will fit the usual inserts as seen in picture 5. NOTE: If you need a different size, please contact me with your request. Insert not included. ***If you want us to make a custom pillow insert, please purchase from here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/217553360/add-a-custom-insert-to-your-throw-pillow ***If you want to add the small pillow cover from images, please purchase from here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/268848178/authentic-grain-sack-pillow-cover?ref=shop_home_active_1 More pillow covers from antique authentic grain sack fabric: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Medreana?section_id=14363513&ref=shopsection_leftnav_6 HISTORY OF THE EUROPEAN GRAIN SACKS: These grain sacks were originally produced about 100 years ago on European farms, to bring grain to the mill. Each sack was hand woven from hemp with a distinctive pattern of strips showing which farm it belonged to, sometimes with a hand stitched monogram. The reason for the unique family farm markings were because the farmers wanted to be able to identify their own sacks when transporting sugar, flour and grain to the market. And when the grain came back from the mill, the unique markings ensured the sacks were returned to their rightful owner. These textiles are, by nature, extremely Eco-friendly! The average age of these textiles is 100 years and they were naturally home grown, home retted (in local lakes and ponds) and woven by hand. These textiles are being re-cycled today and showing off the extreme craftsmanship of past generations! Yet another feature that makes these textiles extremely eco-friendly is their durability. These textiles were designed to endure generations of constant use and will have an extremely long life. The timeless beauty of this linen and their extraordinary quality make these textiles the perfect choice for any home and an environmentally friendly choice. Grain sack adds a bit of history and authentic vintage charm to whatever it touches! These textiles are machine washable, tumble dry! For more great ideas you can visit me on Pinterest by using the link below: http://pinterest.com/medreana/grain-sacks-home-decor/ __________________________________________________________ If you require any further information feel free to contact us. Worldwide shipping options available . Dont see your county listed ? Ask for a quote! _________________________________________________________________ Thanks so much for stopping by our store and we hope to see you again soon
- Such a great scrappy pillow! Its the perfect sewing pattern to clean out fabric scraps. The instructions are easy to follow and the diy applique design is so cute. This is the perfect project for someone learning to sew.
- DIY Bathroom Decor Ideas for Teens – Best Creative, Cool Bath Decorations and Accessories for Teenagers – Easy, Cheap, Cute and Quick Craft Projects That Are Fun To Make. Easy to Follow Step by Step Tutorials http://diyprojectsforteens.com/diy-bathroom-decor-teens
- An interior stone wall can add so much character to a home and is within your reach with this step by step tutorial. DIY Stone Wall Tutorial!
- Step by step instructions on how to build a simple, rustic Shiplap Ornament Display. A great addition to your rustic, farmhouse holiday decor — and you can change out the ornaments! http://livelaughrowe.com
- DIY pillows are a fun sewing project that can quickly update a room. Learn how make a pillow with this detailed sewing tutorial that includes video instructions.
- This lovely wreath will make a wonderful addition to your home decor or a thoughtful gift for a special person or occasion Beautiful wreath with 3 cream hydrangea blossoms surrounded by hydrangea and peony leaves and additional fillers , accented with double burlap bow. Made on 18 grapevine wreath base, finished product measures approximately 19-20 in diameter. Please note that grapevine wreath base is a natural product and may differ in shape, size and overall appearance. Add monogram of …
- DIY pillows are a fun sewing project that can quickly update a room. Learn how make a flanged sham pillow with this detailed sewing tutorial that includes video instructions.
- This DIY monogram embroidery hoop wreath is so elegant and beautiful! Just gather a few supplies and follow the easy instructions to make your own! This floral wreath is the perfect piece of DIY home decor to display in your home! | decorbytheseashore.com
- Cool Ways To Use Christmas Lights -Best Easy DIY Ideas for String Lights for Room Decoration, Home Decor and Creative DIY Bedroom Lighting – Creative Christmas Light Tutorials with Step by Step Instructions – Creative Crafts and DIY Projects for Teens, Teenagers and Adults http://diyprojectsforteens.com/diy-projects-string-lights
- Got an old suitcase just waiting to be used for something special? How to build suitcase shelves, step by step, and hang them up for a vintage decorative look in your homes living space. Vintage home decor DIY project!
- If you’re just starting out with sewing, one of the best projects to tackle first is curtains. With just a few straight seams, you’ll make a huge impact and learn a few key basics. Plus, it’s something you get to enjoy every day in your home, out in the open for guaranteed “oooo” and “you made those???!” remarks. Grab your iron, sewing machine and scissors as former Spoonflower staffer Theresa takes you through each and every step to sewing the perfect curtains. Click to see the full tutorial.