Photo via: justbrightideas.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Made from a beautiful antique/vintage hand-woven hemp grain sack from Europe, the textile dates from the early 1900s. It would be a great holiday accent pillow or simply fit well into your farmhouse or rustic decor. MATERIAL AND COLOR: Heavy hemp fabric, heringbone pattern handwoven. Black stripes. The fabrics tone is a straw colour, rustic texture. CONDITION: Vintage good condition, no hole or tear, never repaired. Due to the vintage nature of these linens, there are some very minor imperfections, spots from age and faded discoloration in the fabric. These are considered part of their charm. Zipper closure. Please note that my pillow shams are made of grain sack on both sides as opposed to the front only. The fabric on the back has no stripes. Size: max. 37.5 x 17 (95cm x 42cm) in the pictures 1-4. The rest of the dimensions will fit the usual inserts as seen in picture 5. NOTE: If you need a different size, please contact me with your request. Insert not included. ***If you want us to make a custom pillow insert, please purchase from here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/217553360/add-a-custom-insert-to-your-throw-pillow ***If you want to add the small pillow cover from images, please purchase from here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/268848178/authentic-grain-sack-pillow-cover?ref=shop_home_active_1 More pillow covers from antique authentic grain sack fabric: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Medreana?section_id=14363513&ref=shopsection_leftnav_6 HISTORY OF THE EUROPEAN GRAIN SACKS: These grain sacks were originally produced about 100 years ago on European farms, to bring grain to the mill. Each sack was hand woven from hemp with a distinctive pattern of strips showing which farm it belonged to, sometimes with a hand stitched monogram. The reason for the unique family farm markings were because the farmers wanted to be able to identify their own sacks when transporting sugar, flour and grain to the market. And when the grain came back from the mill, the unique markings ensured the sacks were returned to their rightful owner. These textiles are, by nature, extremely Eco-friendly! The average age of these textiles is 100 years and they were naturally home grown, home retted (in local lakes and ponds) and woven by hand. These textiles are being re-cycled today and showing off the extreme craftsmanship of past generations! Yet another feature that makes these textiles extremely eco-friendly is their durability. These textiles were designed to endure generations of constant use and will have an extremely long life. The timeless beauty of this linen and their extraordinary quality make these textiles the perfect choice for any home and an environmentally friendly choice. Grain sack adds a bit of history and authentic vintage charm to whatever it touches! These textiles are machine washable, tumble dry! For more great ideas you can visit me on Pinterest by using the link below: http://pinterest.com/medreana/grain-sacks-home-decor/ __________________________________________________________ If you require any further information feel free to contact us. Worldwide shipping options available . Dont see your county listed ? Ask for a quote! _________________________________________________________________ Thanks so much for stopping by our store and we hope to see you again soon
- You will love these unique ways to upcycle old picture frames.
- These DIY Pallet Plaques are an easy DIY and are a fun alternative to picture frames. Easy to make … just some scrap wood and wood glue are all you need! OHMY-CREATIVE.COM | Pallet Project | Photo Frame | Bulldog Clip Project | DIY Frame
- As we know that repurposing things has become a hottest trend in home decor these days. The greatest advantage about upcycling projects is that you will save a lot of money, show your creativity and utilizing the maximum of old, useless item that has been laying around. Repurposing, reusing and upcycling an old door is […]
- We are loving how Beth styled her console table and wall. Our Tulip Crate and Wreath fit right in! Thanks for sharing. decoratingideas homedecor
- Looking for some cute holiday decor ideas that wont break the bank? Try one of these 4 Easy DIY Holiday Projects! Your home will be merry & bright!
- Summer means a change in routine. Here are a few of my favorite summer must haves for cooking, cleaning, washing, organizing, gardening, and sometimes just for fun, including a DIY dryer tray re-purposed from an old picture frame, perfect for laundry room
- DIY Bathroom Decor Ideas for Teens – Best Creative, Cool Bath Decorations and Accessories for Teenagers – Easy, Cheap, Cute and Quick Craft Projects That Are Fun To Make. Easy to Follow Step by Step Tutorials http://diyprojectsforteens.com/diy-bathroom-decor-teens
- Aiming for some elegant and posh living room or working space? Well, today you are lucky because here is a video that will teach you some easy do-it-yourself decoration that looks high-end. They looked very classy that no one will think that they came from a dollar store. credits:DoItOnaDime Get your materials at Amazon! Frame Lanterns – You will only need 4 5×7 picture frames, glue gun, and some glue. First using hot glue insert the glass and connect them all together in a square shape. In connecting one frame to another, be patient enough to wait
- Before you throw away that toy soldier that’s been ignored for years (or replaced this past Christmas), consider repurposing it and other old toys. Here are 20 ideas to get you started.
- These 10 home hacks thatll made you an organization genius are THE BEST! Im so happy I found these GREAT tips! Now I can have a cute and organized house! Definitely repinning for later!
- 55 Genius Storage Inventions That Will Simplify Your Life — A ton of awesome organization ideas for the home (car too!). A lot of these are really clever storage solutions for small spaces.