Photo via: averageinspired.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Made from a beautiful antique/vintage hand-woven hemp grain sack from Europe, the textile dates from the early 1900s. It would be a great holiday accent pillow or simply fit well into your farmhouse or rustic decor. MATERIAL AND COLOR: Heavy hemp fabric, heringbone pattern handwoven. Black stripes. The fabrics tone is a straw colour, rustic texture. CONDITION: Vintage good condition, no hole or tear, never repaired. Due to the vintage nature of these linens, there are some very minor imperfections, spots from age and faded discoloration in the fabric. These are considered part of their charm. Zipper closure. Please note that my pillow shams are made of grain sack on both sides as opposed to the front only. The fabric on the back has no stripes. Size: max. 37.5 x 17 (95cm x 42cm) in the pictures 1-4. The rest of the dimensions will fit the usual inserts as seen in picture 5. NOTE: If you need a different size, please contact me with your request. Insert not included. ***If you want us to make a custom pillow insert, please purchase from here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/217553360/add-a-custom-insert-to-your-throw-pillow ***If you want to add the small pillow cover from images, please purchase from here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/268848178/authentic-grain-sack-pillow-cover?ref=shop_home_active_1 More pillow covers from antique authentic grain sack fabric: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Medreana?section_id=14363513&ref=shopsection_leftnav_6 HISTORY OF THE EUROPEAN GRAIN SACKS: These grain sacks were originally produced about 100 years ago on European farms, to bring grain to the mill. Each sack was hand woven from hemp with a distinctive pattern of strips showing which farm it belonged to, sometimes with a hand stitched monogram. The reason for the unique family farm markings were because the farmers wanted to be able to identify their own sacks when transporting sugar, flour and grain to the market. And when the grain came back from the mill, the unique markings ensured the sacks were returned to their rightful owner. These textiles are, by nature, extremely Eco-friendly! The average age of these textiles is 100 years and they were naturally home grown, home retted (in local lakes and ponds) and woven by hand. These textiles are being re-cycled today and showing off the extreme craftsmanship of past generations! Yet another feature that makes these textiles extremely eco-friendly is their durability. These textiles were designed to endure generations of constant use and will have an extremely long life. The timeless beauty of this linen and their extraordinary quality make these textiles the perfect choice for any home and an environmentally friendly choice. Grain sack adds a bit of history and authentic vintage charm to whatever it touches! These textiles are machine washable, tumble dry! For more great ideas you can visit me on Pinterest by using the link below: http://pinterest.com/medreana/grain-sacks-home-decor/ __________________________________________________________ If you require any further information feel free to contact us. Worldwide shipping options available . Dont see your county listed ? Ask for a quote! _________________________________________________________________ Thanks so much for stopping by our store and we hope to see you again soon
- View All Pages Prev1 of 8Next If you are planning a bathroom makeover using black and white floor tile, this list will give you some inspiration and provides the sources for the tiles. Of all of the new elements that I put in my master bathroom makeover, there are 2 things that I have had all kinds of questions and comments about. The first is the zebra stencil on the walls (I will be doing a post on how to do that). The second is the black and white floor tile. While I loved the floor tiles the second I saw them, I didn’t realize everyone else would love them as much as I do! Although I probably shouldn’t be surprised since black and white is a very classic color combination that goes with pretty much every style. When I was going through the process of picking the tiles, I actually saw quite a few different patterns that I liked before I settled on the one I chose. With all of the interest, I thought I would share some of those other inspiration pictures (and tile options) that I looked at. Keep reading to see the stunning ways that black and white floor tile was used in these beautiful bathrooms. Prev1 of 8Next Have comments or questions on these bathrooms with black and white floor tile? Tell us in the section below. View All Pages You Might Also Like
- Looking for some cute holiday decor ideas that wont break the bank? Try one of these 4 Easy DIY Holiday Projects! Your home will be merry & bright!
- Check out this roundup of really awesome dollar store decor ideas that will instantly add more charm to your home.
- After we saw your embrace for the last What’s New In Farmhouse Home Decor it is now decided that it will be a regular…so here is Volume 2 and we sure hope you enjoy! Today you are going to see all different kinds of DIY Projects Like an amazing Upcycled Shutter Kitchen Island…Gorgeous Farmhouse Centerpieces …
- Cool DIY Room Decor Ideas in Red – Creative Home Decor, Wall Art and Bedroom Crafts to Accent Your Red Room – Creative Craft Projects and Quick Arts and Crafts Ideas for Teens and Adults – Easy Ways To Decorate on A Budget http://diyprojectsforteens.com/diy-room-decor-red
- Give the exterior of your home a farmhouse chic makeover with this collection of Solid Color Wood Stains from BEHR. This premium stain and sealer helps to hide imperfection in your outdoor wooden surfaces while still letting that beautiful natural wood texture show through. Use shades like Harbor Gray, Stonehedge, Wedgewood, Light Lead, and Gray Seas on your decks, patios, porches, and fences.
- Home Improvement DIY: If your tile grout is dingy and nothing gets it white you are going to love this product. It is a grout colorant that will have your grout white in no time. Fast and budget friendly!
- Handmade wood quilt block design. Made of weathered gray barn wood. Triangles and squares cut from old wooden doors with chipped vintage cracked off white paint. This reclaimed wood wall art is a one of a kind. It cannot be reproduced. The design is one of mine that I have been using for more than 30 years in art and woodworking. Colors are natural dark brown wood colors and darker grays that fade into lighter shades, give the entire piece a great, unique look. Also a few of the ones with nail holes also has some rust around those areas giving it a unique look. The gray Triangles are played off of the vintage off white cracked and chipped painted Triangles cut from the doors. There are squares in each corner that are cut from the gray weathered wood and dark brown barn wood. Surounding the artwork is is a strip of light gray weathered board, that really enhances the whole piece. I also have a natural wood colored lath piece framing the art work. The size is 17.25 square. This is 1 of 1 and is ready to ship. Making a wonderful gift fo anyone for any ocassion. It is bright and cherry yet looks rustic, country and shabby chic. Would be a great conversation piece. It is signed and dated on the back. It will ship usps priority 3-5 business days after purchasing. We will send the tracking order and date of arrival to you the evening that it ships. Thank you for visiting our handmade reclaimed wood wall art shop at Past Reclaimed for you quality handmade original reclaimed wood wall art, wood quilt blocks and headboards. https://PastReclaimed.etsy.com
- Using a rustic finish on your DIY projects will give your space a farmhouse-style look. Here, you will learn how to get the weathered wood look to add a special touch to your home decor. (scheduled via http://www.tailwindapp.com?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=twpin&utm_content=post22561170&utm_campaign=scheduler_attribution)
- Using a rustic finish on your DIY projects will give your space a farmhouse-style look. Here, you will learn how to get the weathered wood look to add a special touch to your home decor.
- It’s here! It is the big reveal day for my little girl’s modern farmhouse bedroom and I’m super excited to show you how it turned out! After 6 weeks of preparation, planning, dreaming, shopping, and lots of DIY projects – her bedroom is finished. I’m loving how everything came together, and she’s pretty smitten with it too! When she first walked in she genuinely said “Wow, I love it! It’s soo beautiful. Thanks Mommy!” Um .. heart melted 🙂 Participating in the One Room Challenge with Calling It Home this spring has been so fun. I’ll definitely be joining in again in the near future! If you can remember back to week 1, I was pretty much starting with a blank slate. There wasn’t much in her room to get excited about and it had tons of potential (you know, the nice way of saying that it reallly needed some improvement) 😉 The lack of color, texture, and interest really led me to dream big and have a fun time planning out the space. And the 6 week deadline meant that I couldn’t procrastinate on this project – which I may or may not be known to do. Accountability can …